1. Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year?
Amanda - There has been a lot of crappy eating in my world lately - well, for most of 2013 actually. I am disappointed in myself. I would like to see myself going back to using MyFitnessPal daily and really focusing on healthy choices.
Sean - I would like to but so many of the yummy things are the items I really should be avoiding. I plan to change to healthier items but it will be a long and hard battle.
2. Any workout tips to get us back in shape after the holidays?
Amanda - The one I am really trying to apply to myself is "GO!" I have been very remiss in going to the gym to workout and I know that is the first step. Just "GO!" to the gym and do something.
Sean - Sign up for a race now, even if the event is a few months out. Not only will you save money by signing up sooner, it will give you motivation to actually get out there and train as you have put down a significant amount of money for the event and you don't want that money to go to waste. Plus once you sign up you are committed to the event and you want to try and finish without feeling like you are going to need an ambulance at the finish line.
3. What is your favorite thing you did over the holidays?
Amanda - All the family time was pretty awesome, but being able to see my niece, sister, and brother-in-law open their gifts in person was my favorite moment.
Sean - Getting a few days off work and being able to relax a little bit and hang out with family and friends.
4. What is something you hope that you accomplish in 2014 that you did not in 2013?
Amanda - I want to be a better friend. I can be very forgetful at times and absent at others. I will tell myself to call or text a friend, but then I don't. I can go months without seeing people that it should only be weeks between visits. I let myself get so focused on school that everything else falls by the wayside. I want that to change in 2014.
Sean - I would really like to improve my half marathon times and actually be able to run the whole event and not tank out two miles from the finish line. With a little more training this should be an achievable target for me this year.
5. Name 3 things happening this year you are excited about and why.
1. We are planning several trips to South Carolina to see my niece, sister, and brother-in-law. That's very exciting!
2. I am going to be tackling some new and harder knitting projects, so that has me excited.
3. We are taking the next step with our fertility specialist in February. I am hopeful, so very hopeful, that 2014 is the year I become a mommy.
1. Several short trips to see family and friends throughout the year.
2. There are several disc golf tournaments that I plan to play in that I wasn't confident enough to play in last year.
3. I hope to finish some of the pottery painting projects that I started last year.
That was fun. We really liked the questions this week. If you have a blog, head over to Ashley's site to join in the fun. If you don't have a blog, please choose a question (or two) and comment below or on Facebook. We are interested in seeing your answers.