Friday, November 22, 2013

His and Her Happies and Crappies (Week 45)

It's Friday so let's recap our week's --
The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up

**For those who are new to our blog - WELCOME - purple is Amanda, red is Sean, blue is for both of us. We hope it helps make it less confusing for our readers to know who is talking and sharing. :) **

Happies:
Work was pretty uneventful. We got off on time or a little most days this week which is not normally the case.

I had another successful platelet donation. I had some issues when donating shortly after coming home from Australia. The staff suggested I was probably mildly dehydrated and after increasing my fluid intake for several days prior to the donation I have had no issues.
Source
 The weather has been pretty good and hasn't been too cold. It is supposed to get cold soon so it may be on the crappies list for next week.
Thankfully it hasn't gotten this cold yet.
We have about 40 students who have joined Drama Club this year. They are funny and happy - committed to the activities we are doing. I am going to go ahead and say it - this is going to be our best year ever!!
Source

We had our very first Grading Party Thursday night. We met at Panera to eat, chat, laugh, and grade the piles of papers we all had to deal with. It was so much fun and I really hope we do it again!
Source

My students are so super sweet! One of them could tell I was having a bad day on Wednesday so he kept cracking jokes to make me smile. Another told me today that she was going to miss me this weekend. So sweet!!
Source
 Crappies:
- Dealing with slow people in the self checkout registers at the grocery store. I ran in there one day this week and a lady rushed to beat me to the last open self serve register and then proceeded to go slower than a turtle to scan her 5 items. The other 3 people using the self serve were no faster. I wish people who use the self serve registers in a quick and efficient manner would just use a regular checkout lane and leave the self serve for those who can use it without causing a massive backup.
Source
 - Searching for discs in the carpet of leaves that cover the ground this time of year. It's nice not having to worry about mozzies, ticks and poison ivy this time of year but you have to keep a close eye out to where the disc lands. Even if you know where it landed it can still be a issue to find the disc as it tends to get buried which can get frustrating as it is always your favourite disc that goes missing. (Thankfully I am always able to find them after searching aimlessly for several minutes).
See if you can find the disc in this pile of leaves. (hint - Its blue)

Looooong hours at work this week! The only day I left before dark was Thursday and that was because of the grading party. I think Alex is going to forget what I look like soon!


I have now finished my second full week of dealing with this crappy head cold. My voice is only at about 50% and my throat hurts all the time. It is time for this cold to go away!
Source

We hope you had more happies this week than crappies! 

Happy Weekend,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...