Tuesday, December 4, 2012

His and Her Love of The Gourmet Cupboard

We make no apologies about how many times we tell friends and family about our love of the Western Branch High School Craft Show. It is the true start to our Christmas shopping season. We are always able to check off several people from our shopping list, get one-of-a-kind stocking stuffers, and buy a few things for ourselves that are now holiday staples. This year was no exception.

One of the booths we look for each year is "The Gourmet Cupboard". This Texas-based company offers all manner of mixes and powders for making everything from gourmet desserts to gourmet coffees to gourmet soups. There are 21 categories of food mixes on their site - each will dozens of options for you and your family. We always have several of these hanging around our pantry because they can usually be put together for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. The ones requiring a few hours or a Crock Pot make a great Sunday dinner. 

We so often make a point of stopping at this booth that the lady remembered us this year! ;)

What did we pick up this time? I'm so glad you asked...

Caramel Turtle Hot Chocolate
Sean's Review: I am a sucker for good hot chocolate. It's extremely difficult to find good flavoured hot chocolate that you can make at home. I do enjoy the white hot chocolate at Starbucks but at almost $4 it is something I only get occasionally. I have bought white hot chocolate mix that you can make at home from a few places and they have not been very good. Amanda convinced me to buy the Caramel Turtle Hot Chocolate mix from The Gourmet Cupboard and I was a little hesitant as it was almost $6 for a little pound bag. I figured it would either be worth every penny or a big disappointment like the white hot chocolate had been. She seemed to think it would be good so I agreed to buy it. We both tried it when I got home and to my surprise I found it had a lot of flavour and I enjoyed the caramel taste too. It had enough flavouring to where you didn't need to add a shot of caramel to it but it wasn't overpowering either. I would definitely buy this again. I wonder if they have a white hot chocolate?
 
Cowboy Stew (Sunday's dinner)
Amanda's Review: This stew came together in under an hour. It was incredibly hearty and filling because of the corn, potatoes, and ground beef. The seasoning packing (which is what you buy from the company) made everything super flavorful and delicious. It tasted like something that was cooked for hours and hours. Another bonus is that it's a one pot wonder! I was shocked when I used the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder to check the Points Plus Value and realized it was only 8 PPV per cup! It makes 8 cups (a lot for two people, I know) but now I have lunches for the coming week.

Later this week we will post about some of the other items we purchased at this year's craft show. 

Do you visit any holiday craft shows?

Happy Cooking,
Note: This is not a paid advertisement. The Gourmet Cupboard does not know who we are and has never read our blog. :O) We love the mixes and simply wanted to share the information.

23 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...