Tuesday, December 31, 2013

His and Her First Liebster Award

We were nominated by Kimberly at Mystery and Sunshine for our very first Liebster Award. This award is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It works like this: you start by being nominated by a fellow blogger who likes what you have been posting, then you tell 11 random facts about yourself, and answer 11 questions. You then get to nominate 11 fellow bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer.


We were very excited to find out we had been nominated! Thank you Kimberly! Let's start the fun...

***As always, purple means Amanda is talking/sharing, red means Sean is talking/sharing, and blue is for both of us.***

11 Random Facts:
Our Christmas tree was a found tree - the previous owners left it in the attic.
I prefer reading Nook books to printed books.
I love anchovies on my pizza.
I could eat a cheeseburger each day of my life and be happy.
I have been in the cockpit of a jumbo jet whilst in flight.
My favorite color has been purple since I was a small child. I have never had another favorite color.
I can't have low fat dairy products, but can eat dairy if it's full fat or it's imported.
I have wanted to be a teacher since I was 8 years old.   
I can't stand American chocolate, grits, or chicken and dumplings.
I started knitting because of a Debbie Macomber book I was reading. I decided on a whim to see if I could do it and I haven't stopped since.
I think American football is boring.


11 Questions:
1. Pepsi or coke?
Amanda - Either one is fine. I taste a difference, but not enough to prefer one over the other.
Sean - I am not fussed either way. I'll drink store brand as it's normally mixed with rum or whiskey so you don't really taste the soda.
 

2. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why (appearance, personality, anything)?
Amanda - I would really like to be less judgmental and critical of myself and everyone else. 
Sean - I wish I could control my anger better. I'm better than I used to be but I could be better than I currently am.
 

3. Earliest childhood memory?
Amanda - I remember my kindergarten classroom with the letter people hanging from the ceiling and on the walls. It was so cool! (I'm sure there is something before then, but that is the clearest.)
Sean - Going  to preschool. They had these little ride on cars and painted lines on the concrete to make it look like a road. It was fun there.
 

4. What's the last thing you do at night?
Amanda - The typical things get done like brushing teeth and setting the alarm, then I read until I fall asleep.
Sean - Often I read a couple of pages on my e-reader, but that is about it as once I lay down I fall asleep pretty quickly.
 

5. What's your favourite genre of film?
Amanda - I guess I am a typical girl in that I like romantic comedies. That's my favorite genre of book too so when a romcom book gets made into a movie -- then I am over the moon!
Sean - It depends on my mood. I can't say I enjoy one genre over another. I am definitely not a rom-com fan though. 
 

6. Worst job you've had?
Amanda - I haven't hated any of the jobs I have had. They have all been OK.
Sean - The worst was when I worked for a grocery store. The job itself was ok but the management practices they had were not employee friendly and I needed to leave to save my sanity.
 

7. Something weird you enjoy doing?
Amanda - I like doing normal things I guess. I can't think of anything that is weird. I knit which might be considered weird by some. I read A LOT (70+ books this year alone), which could be considered weird. *shrug*
Sean - Playing disc golf.  It's becoming more popular but is still a pretty obscure/weird thing I guess.
 

8. What's the most daring thing you want to try?
Amanda - I am a pretty boring person and a scaredy-cat by nature so my bucket list doesn't have anything too daring on it.
Sean - In the past I would have said skydiving, but I don't have a desire to do that anymore. I would probably say either an Ironman event or the Pikes Peak marathon as you have to be pretty daring to  attempt those.
 

9. What's your favourite Disney film?
Amanda - Hands down the answer is Beauty and the Beast. I can watch that a million times and be OK.
Sean - I am not a huge fan of Disney movies, but I did like the Lion King.
 
10. Do you like your name? 
Amanda - I do. When I was younger I wished to have a different name but now I really like it.
Sean - I like it.
 

11. What's your favourite animal?
Amanda - The panda. If it wasn't illegal, I would own one. :)
Sean -  Snakes. I have always been fascinated by them.
 
11 Questions for Our Nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging? 
2. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
3. What is your favorite thing about your job?
4. What is your favorite destressing activity?
5. How do you spend a typical day off from work?
6. What is your favorite city?
7. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. If you had a time machine, what would be the first place and time you would visit?
9. What movie would you like to see have a sequel or a remake?
10. If you could choose any book, TV show, or movie character as your new best friend, who would you choose?
11. What one song would you never want to hear again?

Our Nominees:
We chose people whose blogs have become ones we look forward to reading each day.  
And our nominees are...
Ashley at A Cute Angle
Jordan at all the small things  
Molly at Fiddle-Dee-Dee
Jessica at The Artsy Cajun

We had a lot of fun choosing our nominees and writing questions for them to answer. We also enjoyed answering Kimberly's questions for us and we are so grateful that she chose us as a Liebster Award nominee. Thank you again Kimberly! To our nominees, we look forward to seeing your answers to our questions and to seeing your nominee choices.

Happy New Year's Eve,

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome for the nomination. I'm glad you both had fun answering the questions, I enjoyed reading them too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...