Thursday, January 30, 2014

His and Her Harry Potter Houses

I am a "Bit-stripper" on Facebook. Are you? Their cartoons are cute and sometimes, rather than write a status, it is fun to post a cartoon about how my day is going or how I am feeling about something. Last week, while hanging out at home thanks to the snow, I came across this cartoon...


Photo

That got me thinking. "What houses would we have been sorted into if Sean and I went to Hogwarts?" There are a million quizzes out there in the world so I hunted for the "best" one. I settled on the Harry Potter House Quiz from The Almighty Guru.

**drum roll please** The results are...

Amanda - 
My in-depth results were:
Hufflepuff - 15
Ravenclaw - 13
Gryffindor - 10
Slytherin - 7

 
Sean - 
My in-depth results are:
Hufflepuff - 15
Ravenclaw - 13
Gryffindor - 11
Slytherin - 7


I love that we would have been sorted into the same house and I love even more that our in-depth results are almost identical. That's just fun!


Hufflepuff does not get much page time in the Harry Potter books, so I used my trusty sidekick Google to learn more about our "house". Here's what I found - 

Hufflepuffs are known for being trustworthy, patient, and loyal. They are also hard working and have a strong work ethic. They are fierce protectors of their family and friends. Hufflepuffs are not as competitive as the other houses, and are much more modest than the others. Several great wizards have come from Hufflepuff house and they have produced the fewest dark wizards of all the houses. The common room is the only one that repels intruders; it is decorated with plants and copper colored accents.

Fun Facts:
The Head of House is Professor Sprout, teacher of Herbology. 
The ghost is the Fat Friar who is super friendly and helpful to the Hufflepuff kids.
The house colors are yellow and black.
The house animal is the badger. 
Nymphadora Tonks and Cedric Diggory were both Hufflepuffs. 
Information about Hufflepuff obtained from here, here, and here.


So how do we stack up against the traits of a Hufflepuff. Well...
  • I think we both are trustworthy and loyal, but I think we run low on patience.
  • We are hard working and have a strong work ethic - when we aren't procrastinating something that needs to be done. ;)
  • We are both very competitive and can be prideful at times.
All-in-all, I would say that I like the idea of being a Hufflepuff and those are certainly characteristics that I want to be true for me, but I feel like I miss the mark on a few. It definitely gives me something to aspire to. 


Naturally, I headed over to Ravelry to see what Hufflepuff patterns I might knit one day. I don't think I would want a long yellow and black scarf, but I loved the look of these Double Knitted Bookscarves and think that would be a fun new technique for me. She is working on the pattern, so it is not fully available right now but I can wait. I'm a patient Hufflepuff. ;)


If you want to take the quiz for yourself, click here - Hogwarts House Sorting Quiz by The Almighty Guru. We would love to know who our housemates, or Quidditch competitors, would be.

Happy Sorting,

2 comments:

  1. I got Hufflepuff too....
    Your in-depth results are:

    Hufflepuff - 16
    Ravenclaw - 15
    Gryffindor - 9
    Slytherin - 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun quiz. I got Ravenclaw and my hubby got Gryffindor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...