Thursday, May 30, 2013

Her May 2013 Birchbox

This month's Birchbox came with a beauty diaries theme. I don't know that I understand how that connects to the products I got but that's OK. I don't have to understand the theme in order to enjoy the box. This is what I got this month...

Click the photo to see more about the subscription.

Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner
Birchbox says: Inspired by traditional Indian formulas, this velvety liner glides on easily and lasts for hours.
My review: I do not wear eyeliner so I'm going to give this one away using the gift box they included.

Isaac Mizrahi FABULOUS Isaac Mizrahi Eau de Parfum
Birchbox says: For his first scent, the designer created a fanciful blend of mandarin and jasmine laced with vanilla.
My review: This fragrance seemed very faint to me. It smelled OK but it was hard to detect after about 10 minutes.

amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask
Birchbox says: Packed with omega acids and vitamic C, this lush conditioning mask boosts shine and even helps repair split ends.

COOLA Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face
Birchbox says: This mineral sunblock is infused with organic antiaging ingredients like evening primrose extract and borage seed oil.

Marvis Classic Mint Toothpaste
Birchbox says: A stylish Italian import with an invigorating peppermint flavor.
My review: I was so surprised when I saw toothpaste in the box. I thought it was very smooth - not gritty like some. It wasn't an overpowering peppermint flavor which some can be. I don't know that it made my teeth any cleaner than my normal Crest though so I will stick with what I have.

Pilot Acroball
Birchbox says: We want our pens to be just as stylish as our accessories, which is why we love Pilot Pen's latest innovation, the new Acroball PureWhite hybrid ink pen.
My review: I am a HUGE pen snob. I am constantly hunting for and buying new pens. This pen has pink ink which is not my first choice but it writes nicely. I could see myself using the coupon and buying the four-pack.

So that is my May Birchbox. Overall, I give it...
Source
...because I know I will not use all the samples and I will likely throw away a few before they are finished. However, the pen and corresponding coupon were a nice touch.

What did you think of your May Birchbox?

Happy Sampling, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...