Sunday, July 8, 2012

His and Her Breakfast this Week

I decided that I wanted to do something different with breakfast this week. Usually, I have a breakfast muffin made with eggs, cheese, sausage, and some spices. I've been having that for a while now and decided it was time for something different. When I was at Montpelier for my Professional Development a week ago they had scones for breakfast two of the mornings. The first morning was a cranberry scone and the third morning was a maple-brown sugar scone. Both delicious! Sean, of course, grew up on scones...having them at morning tea when he would visit friends and relatives. I decided that would be a nice new item to try.

I looked first at the Weight Watchers site but the scone recipes weren't very inspiring. I went to Skinnytaste then and I should not be surprised at all that I found exactly what I was looking for. She had several recipes that I wanted to try so I let Sean choose. I was shocked when he chose the chocolate chip one since he doesn't usually like a lot of chocolate. I cannot wait to have a chocolate chip scone with my coffee in the morning. Here's the recipe...

Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones

(PS - These scones were very easy to make. They are out of the oven and cooling now so I can't give a taste review but I have made many things off her site and have never been disappointed.)

In addition to the scones, since I was worried that the portion would be small and not completely filling since Sean eats so early and I work out between breakfast and lunch, I decided to put together a fruit salad. Again, an inspiration from the breakfasts I had at my Professional Development. They had a huge bowl of fresh fruit and it was very good on those hot summer mornings. We bought what we liked and I started chopping. This is what went into the fruit salad...

I started with blueberries...

...and strawberries for me.

Then Sean and I both got grapes,

honeydew melon,

cantaloupe (that's rock melon to Sean),

and watermelon.

Sean's fruit salad for the week -


- and mine! Can't wait!!


So that is what is for breakfast this week for Sean and I. What is your favorite summer breakfast items?

Happy Summer Eating,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...