Sunday, January 6, 2013

His and Her Sunday Social (1/6/2013)

Hello everyone and Happy Sunday! We are linking up with Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup for another Sunday Social.


Sunday Social

1. Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year?
Sean - I want to focus on making some better choices - like eating less foods that are "fatty" (like corn dogs and Klondike bars) and eating more "healthy" foods (like fruit and whole grains).
Amanda - I made a huge eating habits change in August of 2011 when I joined Weight Watchers. My plan for 2013 is to continue what I have learned through that program and to step-it-up a little. I want to cut back on my soda intake (I would love to just drink one can a day) and drink more plain water (not as much tea or coffee). 

2. Any workout tips to get us back in shape after the Holidays?
Sean - Sign up for a race. Whether it is a 5K or an 8K - pick something you are capable of. It will give you a reason to train and a goal to strive towards. Getting a friend to join you is a bonus because it will hold you accountable. Signing up for the race is also good because it is spent money that you will not want to waste so you are less likely to back out.
Amanda - Find something you like to do. If you don't like going to a gym/workout facility, then don't join one - you will only waste your money. If you don't like to run, then don't say you are going to start jogging. Pick an activity you enjoy because you are more likely to stick with it. 

3. Favorite thing you did over the Holidays?
Sean - I was happy to get a week off that I could spend with Amanda. We don't usually get to spend Christmas break together so it was a rare treat.
Amanda - Mine is the same answer as Sean. I loved getting to spend so much time with him. 

4. What is something you hope that you accomplish in 2013 that you did not in 2012?
Sean - I want to complete a half-ironmon triathlon. 
Amanda - I want to stick with an exercise program - one of my own design where I am consistently earning Activity Points each week. 

5. Name 3 things happening this year you are excited about and why?
Sean:
   1. My sister's wedding - I wish it didn't take so long to get there (28 hours including layovers sucks!) but I am happy to visit my family and friends.
   2. I am excited to visit the new disc golf courses I have found in the area.
   3. There are two triathlons that I want to compete in. I'm hoping to better my times from 2011.
Amanda:
    1. Our trip to Australia - We are spending a month there this summer to visit Sean's family and to see his sister get married. :) 
    2. I am excited to continue my knitting and finish another project.
    3. Seeing and watching my niece grow I am sure will be exciting!

What are you excited about for 2013?

Happy Socializing,
 

1 comment:

  1. lovely post :)
    like your blog,would You like to follow each other ?

    Sarah
    http://cashonya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...