Wednesday, January 2, 2013

His 2013 Goals

I don't like to make New Year's resolutions as I often don't keep up with it and am setting myself for failure. However, I do believe that a new year is a good time to evaluate what you would like to do in the upcoming year. I have come up with a few things that I would like to do this year and have called them my 2013 Goals.

 1. Play on new disc golf courses. 
I have been playing a couple times a week recently and have started to get a little better. Last year I was able to visit 10 different courses and I would like to be able to play another 10-20 new courses this year.


2. Go back to Glazenfyre more (a paint-it-yourself pottery place) 
We enjoy painting pottery at Glazenfyre which is a local paint it yourself pottery studio. I have several projects that I have started that I would love to complete sometime this year.

3. Get back into training for triathlons again. 
In 2011 I competed in 3 different triathlons but only 1 triathlon last year. I fell off the training schedule sometime last year and need to get back into it so I can try and beat my times from the last couple of years.

4. Train for a half marathon and possibly run in the City 2 Surf in Sydney in August. 
I have run in a few 5k races and an 8k race. I would like to try to train and run in a half marathon sometime this year, even if its just around the neighbourhood and not an official event. I would like to run in the City 2 Surf in Sydney, Australia in August but it will depend on whether I will still be in Australia when the event is on.

5: Connect with some friends on Facebook. 
I have around 200 friends or so on Facebook, some of which I haven't talked to in ages. I would like to contact one person a day and write them a quick message and seeing how they are doing. I am looking forward to this as it will catch me up with some people I haven't been in close contact lately.

Well that's all of the goals that I have come up with so far. I will provide updates throughout the year so you can see how many goals I can check off my list. What are your goals/resolutions for this year?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...