Tuesday, January 8, 2013

His and Her Resolution Recap

Most people make New Year's resolutions/goals for what they would like to accomplish in the upcoming year. According to StatisticBrain.com, at the end of the first week of the year 75% of people are still carrying on their resolutions. We are happy to say that this includes us! As a form of accountability and to help us *fingers crossed* keep them up, we are going to blog about our progress. 

Week 1:

Sean's Recap:
1: Play on new disc golf courses. 
    Haven't had a chance to play on any new courses. The nearest course I haven't played yet is 45 minutes away so it may be a while before I get to play there.

2:
Go back to Glazenfyre more (a paint-it-yourself pottery place) 

    Haven't made it to Glazenfyre either. We were pretty busy last weekend. We will get back there soon I hope.

3:
Get back into training for triathlons again. & 4: Train for a half marathon and possibly run in the City 2 Surf in Sydney in August.

    I have been lazy and haven't started this yet but since tomorrow is supposed to be warmer I should be on the bike and get some training in.

5: Connect with some friends on Facebook. 
     This one has been a bit of a bummer. I wrote to about a dozen people and only one wrote back. Perhaps people are busy. I'll try it for a while longer but if I don't see better results I may just put this idea to rest.

Amanda's Recap:
Personal - 
1. Be a better Weight Watcher! 
    This week I stayed within my points and tried to make good food choices. I gained 2.8 pounds this week which is frustrating because I thought I lost. *sigh* Well, today starts a new week!

2. Practice Knitting
     Thanks to Sherri from Coordinated Colors (local yarn store), I have been practicing and my scarf actually looks good. :)

3. Read 75 Books (Some Nonfiction)
    I have modified this one a little since the New Year. I found GoodReads through another bloggy friend and I love it! I set a goal to read 75 books in 2013 and I want to read more nonfiction. I have read 2 so far and my first nonfiction book of the year has been checked out from the library and is waiting for me (I can't read two books at the same time - stories cross, characters meld, head hurts!).

For School - 
Stop Procrastinating!
    I have been working on this one and I am happy to report that it is going well. The hardest time for me is planning when I want to be social but I just can't afford to be - too much on the to-do list. I have been going into my room, closing the door, and starting with #1 on the list. It has been great because I haven't felt so overwhelmed and crazy-busy because I am being more productive at school. The to-do list is still forever long, but instead of feeling overwhelming, it feels manageable. :) Yay!

We think we are doing pretty well so far. How are your resolutions going?

Happy Tuesday,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...