Friday, January 4, 2013

His and Her High Five for Friday (1/4/13)

Hello everyone! We are recapping our top five moments of the week. 
 Photobucket

Here goes...
1. (Sean) I kept my cool even though some of the people I work with tested my patience. I won't go into detail as it will protect the identities of the idiots, but let's just say they are not using common sense and would rather yell and scream to try and get their way. I managed to stay professional and not call them out on how stupid they are.
Source
2. (Amanda) My first-ever Donors Choose project has been fully funded!! The items are ordered and some of them have shipped. My students were in awe when I told them that they were getting these new supplies because four strangers wanted to enhance their education. I am still touched by the donors' thoughtfulness!!
Source
3. (Sean) Amanda and I played each other on Mario Kart on the Wii on New Year's Eve. Normally I come in stone-motherless-last and Amanda leads by a country mile. However, my luck changed on the second track we raced on and I managed to beat her for the first time. She did beat me on the other 7 tracks, but that one victory made me feel really good. Who knows maybe I will win again one day!
Source

4. (Amanda) I am slowly, through some awesome videos on YouTube, teaching myself how to knit. It is a lot more fun for me than crochet or cross-stitch so that is awesome. I was randomly looking for knitting classes last weekend and found a group that meets monthly at a local restaurant to knit, eat, and socialize. Going completely out of my comfort zone (I am an introvert until I get to know you and not one to put myself into unknown situations), I went to a meetup on Wednesday. It was great! The people were so nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions and we talked and talked. I can't wait until next month's meetup!!
My first project!!
5. (Both) New Year's Eve is a time to spend with each other. We eat some dinner, play some games, watch a movie, and watch the ball drop in Times Square. This year, as we rang in 2013, we played Mario Kart (see above!) and did some Wii bowling. No movie this year but we worked on the puzzles we both have started. It was a great end to 2012 and a great start to 2013.
Source
What would make your top 5 list from this week?

Happy Weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...