Sunday, April 11, 2021

J - J is for Jamestown

 We are participating in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge again this year. The theme for this year is our Favourite Travel Spots in North America. Join us throughout the month of April as we revisit some of our favourite travel spots. No boarding pass, visa or passport needed!

The locations we feature are all places we have visited and the photos are ones taken by myself or Amanda (or possibly one of our family members) 


If you missed some our our previous tour stops you can click here to see them

On Saturday we spent some time in several different airports. Today's location is a little closer to our home. The Jamestown Settlement is located is in Jamestown VA which is close to Williamsburg VA. It has a large museum and several outdoor exhibits. We have been a few times but most recently in 2020 right before the pandemic hit

The first outdoor section is a Native American village

Inside one of the huts

The next section is replicas of some of the early vessels that arrived in Jamestown in the early 1600's

We were able to go onboard this vessel

One of the officer's quarters. The bed is super short.

One of the cannons onboard the vessel

The last section is what a typical settlement in the 1600's would look like

Another view of the village. We were able to go into many of the buildings


More Info: www.historyisfun.org/  Jamestown & Yorktown website
Cost: $18 Adults and $9 for kids. Combo tickets and other offers are available on their website


 Please take a few moments to say hi and leave us a comment as we love to hear from our visitors. Dont forget to leave your blog URL so we can visit you as well. 
Have you been to Jamestown or a location like this?
What did you post about today?

3 comments:

  1. I've not been, but I think I'd like it. I've been to other reenactment sites, or similar. Old Sacramento, Sutter's Mill, CA history places. I saw a Civil War reenactment that was quite exciting with the horses and cannons and noise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamestown Settlement is great. I lived nearby in the 1990s. My mom worked there for a while and I had a very brief internship with the museum registrar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly, I went to high school in Virginia, lived there for a few years when I was married, and never made it to Jamestown. Williamsburg--many times. Jamestown never. I think I missed out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...