Monday, December 30, 2013

His and Her 2013 Resolution Recap

The year is coming to a close (is that hard for anyone else to believe - wow!!) and we decided, before making our 2014 resolutions, that we would look back on the resolutions we made in January of 2013. How did we do? Check it out and see!
 

Amanda's Resolutions:
Personal -   
1. Be a better Weight Watcher!   
Epic fail! I decided to quit Weight Watchers and move to MyFitnessPal for a variety of reasons. You can read about them here and here. I was excited in the beginning but it didn't last. I gained a few (ok, more than a few) pounds while we were in Australia and they are still hanging around. *sigh* I wish I could say differently, but this one was a disaster.
 
2. Practice Knitting  
This is a definite yes! I wanted to move from a beginner knitter to a good knitter and I feel like I did that. I have a good yarn stash, complete with some very cool, specialty yarns from Australia. I also have some projects lined up and some new things to learn that I am excited about. This resolution was a success!

3. Read More Nonfiction Books
I did not do as well with this, not for lack of trying. I just do not find nonfiction books interesting - in all honesty, I find them really boring. I will start one and never finish it. I think it was an admirable goal, but I give myself a C (an A for effort, but an F for completion averages to a C).

 For School - 
1. Stop Procrastinating!  
This one is almost laughable at how horrible I did with achieving it. I am still a horrible procrastinator, though my intentions are always good. *sigh* Maybe one day I will have it together and have the energy to get everything done in a day that needs to be done.  

For the blog - 
1. Blog more!  
This was an absolute YES! We have become very consistent bloggers with a schedule we keep each week. The link-ups are fun and keep us excited about blogging, and we have a lot of friends that we have met this year through the blog. It's exciting and I am looking forward to another year of His and Her Hobbies!

Sean's Resolutions
1. Play on new disc golf courses. 
I had hoped to play on 10-20 new courses this year. I fell short on that goal and only added three new courses to my collection. On the positive side I did play a lot more this year overall and was able to play a few rounds while I was in Australia

2. Go back to Glazenfyre more (a paint-it-yourself pottery place) 
I failed miserably here as we only went to Glazenfyre a few times this year. Our weekends always seem to be so busy these days but perhaps we can get there a little more in 2014.

3. Get back into training for triathlons again. 
I didn't do so well here either. I concentrated on running more this year so the triathlons took a back seat. I have plans to do a few shorter ones in 2014 so it's not a total wash.

4. Train for a half marathon and possibly run in the City 2 Surf in Sydney in August. 
I acheived both goals here. I ran my first half marathon in April with my friend Kristin. The blog post for this event is here. I also ran in the City2Surf in Sydney, Australia in August. It was by far the best event I had ever run in and would love to do it again some day. The blog post for this event is here.

5: Connect with some friends on Facebook. 
I tried to do a better job with my friends on Facebook. I didn't do quite as well as I wanted to but I did do a better job than I had in previous years.

We won some and we lost some, but 2013 was a great year for both of us. Check back here tomorrow to see our resolutions for 2014. 

Happy New Year,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...