Sunday, December 1, 2013

Her December Currently

I love the start of a new month because it means linking up with so many amazing teachers in the blog-o-sphere to share what we are Currently doing. This month is particularly awesome because we only have 15 days of school and then two weeks off for Christmas and New Years. I am so ready for a long break!!



Listening: I love HGTV and my favorite show is Love It or List It. If you haven't watched it, you should!!

Loving: A few years ago we got so busy that we did not decorate for Christmas until very late. It was a few days before the holiday and we didn't even have our tree up. I cried because I hated that we hadn't found time to decorate. Since then, we have made a point to decorate for Christmas on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We did that this year and the house is ready. I love it!! We bought a few new things, mixed it with some items I have had since I was a child, and it is perfect. Check back on Thursday for a tour.

Thinking: I have at least one meeting at school every day this week except Friday. Ugh! Too many meetings!! Any other teachers finding this to be true this year at their school?

Wanting: There are so many papers waiting to be graded at school. I left them there deliberately so I could take this weekend to relax and rejuvenate. However, in the back of my mind, I know they are waiting. As always, I wish there were more hours in the day and less allergies that make cleaning such a pain (as in headache from dust!). I know there must be a fairy out there somewhere that can grade papers and clean. I will find her one day!!

Needing: I am starting my fourth week of being sick. Three head colds back-to-back with almost no break in between. I am over it and just need to be well again!

Favorite Tradition: There are so many, which is part of why I love this time of year. On Christmas Eve, I always boot up Norad Santa and watch as Santa makes his travels across the world. I announce where he is and who he is visiting every few minutes. It is so much fun to watch. Check it out here!

That is what I am Currently doing. Join in the fun by linking up or commenting below or on Facebook with what you are Currently doing. 

Happy December,


5 comments:

  1. hehe! I am also listening to Love it or List it... probably not the best use of my time, eh? :-) My vote is they list it.

    Hope you have a great December!

    Kristen
    Sprinkled in Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I always decorate the Friday after Thanskgiving, too, because we have to take our tree down before we go home for the holidays. I really like it though, because it really puts me in the holiday spirit right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you find the paper grading cleaning fairy, send her my way! I also have allergies and I hate to clean, but know that I need to! Our meeting schedule seems to go in waves and right now, thankfully, we have very few ... except for a big one two days before Christmas break begins AND when we need to finish up grades for the first semester! Yikes! Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Sarah
    smbhankinson@gmail.com
    Learning is for Superstars
    follow on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't put my tree up yet. I usually wait closer to the 15th because I cannot handle it for too long. I feel like our tree takes up too much space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog.
    I hope you guys had a great Holiday weekend.

    http://innerworkingsofthefemalemind.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...