Sunday, March 2, 2014

His and Her Sunday Social, Week 91

"Sunday, Sunday - Gotta love that day!" Not quite the lyrics that the Mamas and Papas gave the world, but it is fitting for our day. We love Sundays, because they are a day to chill and recoop from a long week and get ready for another week. It's also the day we participate in one of our favorite link-ups. So without further ado, here is this week's - 
Sunday Social 

1. What was your biggest middle school fashion mistake?
Amanda - I did the oversized sweatshirts with the jeans that had been rolled and tucked into my scrunch socks. Yep - I did that.
Sean - It would have to be my school uniform. Even though I had no choice in whether I wanted to wear the uniform it was ugly as sin. Whoever thought steel grey polyester shirts and grey shorts was a good idea for a uniform needs to have their head examined or go work for a prison.
One of the four building at Oxley High (Sean's high school in Australia)
2. Who were your best friends in high school? Pics?
Amanda - No pics here on the computer, but I have tons of pics in albums. I had a great group of friends - Sarah, Danielle, Heather, Kim, Brooke, Debbie, Charity - who made high school fun, exciting, and full of laughs and luv. I am so grateful that I had them in my life. I miss them now!
Sean - We had a group of about 12 that hung out during recess and lunch but I only hung out with a few of them (Simon, Paul, Darren) outside of school. These were my best mates and I still stay in contact with them occasionally on Facebook.
This is Paul and I enjoying the view at Fox Glacier in New Zealand. (Sep. 1993)
 
3. What was a typical weekend like for you in high school?
Amanda - I usually just hung out at home or at a football game on a fall Friday night. Saturday night was spent with the friends I mentioned in #2. We were big on movies, sleepovers, and laughing until we cried. Sundays were church and family time.
Sean -  I had to think about this as I couldn't remember for a while. We would either go play field hockey, cricket, hang out at each others house or do something around town like visit the BMX track or the video game arcade. If it was hot we would also go to the pool and try not to get kicked out. It varied from weekend to weekend but it was always something that kept us entertained.
Billy Goat Hill was one of the steep hills in my home town. You could get some decent speed biking down this hill and we sometimes had challenges to see who could go the fastest.
4. Did you have any boyfriends/girlfriends? Tell us about that. 
Amanda - Nope. None.
Sean - Just the one in 11th grade. We met at work and dated for a few months, but she broke it off for some reason and hasn't talked to me since.
  
5. Did you have any secret codes with your friends? Spill your secrets!
Amanda - We didn't have any secret codes, but we had a lot of inside jokes because we spent so much time together. The biggest one was that we had a name for our little group - we were the Goats! Long story, but we would refer to ourselves that way and no one else would really know who or what we were talking about. That was fun!
Sean -We didn't have any secret codes. We probably would have forgotten what the code was so it wouldn't have been very effective.
  
6. If you could relive one day/moment/experience from middle school or high school, what would it be?
Amanda - I would love to go back to my senior prom. We had such an amazing time together (same group as #2) and I had so much fun. 
Sean - It would be our two week Central Australia excursion (Field trip) in 10th grade. We spent two weeks with 3 busloads of students and some very brave teachers and traveled through the outback and then to the great barrier reef and back down the east coast. There are so many stories and memories from this trip that I will never forget and an experience I would love to do again and take Amanda with me.
Uluru at sunrise

Looking back at high school and middle school always brings up fun memories for us. Choose a question and join in the fun - our favorite was #6. Answer in a comment below or on Facebook. If you posted your answers on your blog, include your link in a comment so we can swing by and see all your secrets from middle and high school. 

Happy Sunday,

2 comments:

  1. Sean, your trip to Central Australia sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, while I didn't get to see the Great Barrier Reef on my field trip in eighth grade, I did get to travel to San Francisco in California, which was pretty fun! Also my friend Nichole and I used to use Super Butterly as our secret code. Not really sure what it ever meant...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...