Thursday, March 27, 2014

Her - What I Read in March

I had so much fun posting the books I read in February, that I decided to do it again in March. I am still behind in my goal for the year - 65 books in 2014. Right now, Goodreads says I am four books behind schedule. *sigh* I need to step up!

This month I read two books - by the same author - again. I did not set out to do that in February or this month. It just happened. The author for this month is Kristin Higgins. She is one of my favorites! I have read everything she has written, most of them more than once. Her characters, plot lines, and fun pet sidekicks are pretty close to perfection!

Too Good to Be True by Kristin Higgins

Too Good to Be True
Source
Goodreads says:  
When Grace Emerson's ex-fiancé starts dating her younger sister, extreme measures are called for. To keep everyone from obsessing about her love life, Grace announces that she's seeing someone. Someone wonderful. Someone handsome. Someone completely made up. Who is this Mr. Right? Someone...exactly unlike her renegade neighbor, Callahan O'Shea. Well, someone with his looks, maybe. His hot body. His knife-sharp sense of humor. His smarts and big heart.

Whoa. No. Callahan O'Shea is not her perfect man! Not with his unsavory past. So why does Mr. Wrong feel so...right?


I say: 
I have read this book many times. It's probably four or five times over the years. It is my favorite book of hers. I love Grace, with all her insecurity and bright-eyed view of the world. I love Callahan and his roguish take on life. Margaret is a great sister and Natalie (Grace's other sister) goes through her own transformation in the book. The parents are hilarious and the dog, Angus, is super cute! The plot line is perfect - a great combination of heart-warming and page turning. I love, love, love this book!

Goodreads Rating (with 10,085 ratings): 3.92 stars
My Rating: 5 stars


The Perfect Match by Kristan Higgins

The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2)
Source
Goodreads says:
Honor Holland has just been unceremoniously rejected by her lifelong crush. And now—a mere three weeks later—Mr. Perfect is engaged to her best friend. But resilient, reliable Honor is going to pick herself up, dust herself off and get back out there… or she would if dating in Manningsport, New York, population 715, wasn't easier said than done.

Charming, handsome British professor Tom Barlow just wants to do right by his unofficial stepson, Charlie, but his visa is about to expire. Now Tom must either get a green card or leave the States—and leave Charlie behind.

In a moment of impulsiveness, Honor agrees to help Tom with a marriage of convenience—and make her ex jealous in the process. But juggling a fiancĂ©, hiding out from her former best friend and managing her job at the family vineyard isn't easy. And as sparks start to fly between Honor and Tom, they might discover that their pretend relationship is far too perfect to be anything but true love….


I say:
Honor and Tom both have big hearts, especially for their families. They are willing to risk jail to marry so Tom can get a green card and stay in the U.S. Honor is nursing a broken heart from a failed relationship and a back-stabbing best friend. Tom is trying to heal a broken relationship that doesn't want to heal easily. They agree to marry and think it will be easy. It is anything but! As usual, the supporting characters, including Honor's sisters and grandparents, are fantastic. The dog, Spike - a female - is another great addition of the author to the story. The plot line twists and turns enough to be interesting but not so much that you can't keep up. Each turn seems like it could happen in real life - nothing is too far-fetched (a pet peeve of mine as a reader). I am a big fan of this novel. I checked it out from the library, but I think I will be buying it soon for my Nook collection.

Goodreads Rating (with 2,595 ratings): 4.06 stars
My Rating: 4 stars


What have you read recently that should be added to my Goodreads list?


Happy Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...