Monday, November 11, 2013

His: Weekend Shenanigans

Sami's Shenanigans


It's Monday so that means its time to link up for the Weekend Shenanigans. Amanda is not feeling well so I am composing this week's post.

Friday:
Our church had a dinner event for the ladies on Friday night. Several of the ladies decorated their tables for the event and invited their friends. Some of the men, including myself were recruited to serve the ladies. I have worked in food service before but it was always in the kitchen so this was a new experience for me. I stayed busy serving the ladies and making sure that their drinks didn't run dry. I also helped serve food for a while when my tables didn't need me. It was a fun experience and one I would definitely do again.

Saturday. 
I went to a disc golf tournament in Newport News which is about a 40 min drive from our house. I am still relatively new to the game compared to most people who participated so I wasn't expecting to place near the top. I hoped just to have a good day and finish somewhere close to the others.
Group photo of the 73 men and women who competed.
I started off really well and was keeping up with the other in my group for a while. About half way through the round I had a few unlucky shots but still played better than I expected. We had chilli for lunch and then headed out for the second round. I was hoping to improve my score on the second round but that didn't happen after hitting 5 trees on one hole and going out of bounds and getting penalty strokes added to my score on two others. Even though I didn't have the greatest second round I still had a great time. I plan to play again in the tournament next year and improve on my score.


Watching for where the disc landed on hole 8
 Sunday:
 Amanda wasn't feeling well as she has a bad cold so we stayed at home and I looked after her so she could rest. I made her some chicken and rice using instant rice and a rotisserie chicken (hot chicken). Its not as good as her mother's chicken and rice but she liked it and it made her feel a little bit better. I am hoping that the day of rest will help her out and that she will feel well enough to go to school and have a good day with the students.


Well that is what I got up to this weekend and Amanda should be back to join me next week. What did you get up to this weekend?




 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...