Monday, November 25, 2013

His and Her Weekend Shenanigans (11/24/13)

*phew* We had a busy weekend. Here's what happened - 


Sami's Shenanigans

If you are new to our blog, WELCOME!! To make our posts easier to navigate, purple means Amanda is sharing, red means Sean is sharing, and blue is for both of us. Enjoy!

Friday:
I love when my former students come back to visit me. One of them, a young lady who is a senior now --- where did the years go?? ---, stopped by Friday to chat. Two more former students saw her car outside the school and stopped in also. I loved laughing and joking with them, hearing all the fun stories of high school. 
The rest of the night was spent resting and sleeping! 

I got off early on Friday so I went to Bennett's Creek for a quick round of disc golf. I had a decent round but got frustrated a few times when the disc got buried under a ton of leaves and took several minutes to find. However it was not all bad and getting the disc within 10 feet of the basket on hole 3 made up for all of the bad shots.

Nice tee shot on hole 3. Made for an easy birdie.
Saturday: 
A good friend and I met up for a movie. She and I both love romantic comedies, so we went to a movie theater cafe (where they serve real food and movie snacks) to see About Time. This movie is on a limited release but I don't understand why. It is so good!! Click the poster for a link for the summary and reviews. I definitely think you need to get a group of girlfriends together and go see this movie!
Source

I went out with Amanda and dropped her off at the movie theater. Since it was a chick flick I had no interest in seeing the movie so I headed off to play disc golf. After playing a round I went back to pick up Amanda and we went and bought some different flavoured coffees at Fresh Market, then another stop for a Christmas gift, then Ulta for Amanda's makeup needs and finally we stopped at Romano's Macoroni Grill for dinner. I got the Penne Rustica dish and it was really tasty. After all that I was ready to go home and get some rest.

Source
Sunday:
I can summarize this day in two words - Thanksgiving Prep! Mom always handles the big meal and I handle the brunch/midday snacks and dessert. On Sunday, Sean and I planned our menu and built the shopping list. He went shopping and then I started cooking and baking. Here's what we decided on for this year:
Brunch/Midday
Carrots with Ranch Dip (because a veggie cancels out the other calories for the day right?)
Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets (because we are a CFA lovin' family)
Cheese and Crackers (simple, but tasty)
Apple-Cinnamon Bread (this looks so, so delish)

Dessert
Layered Pumpkin Dessert (I wanted something different than a traditional pumpkin pie)
Turtle Cheesecake (Sean's favorite dessert is cheesecake and he loves caramel so he really wanted me to try this recipe...if it is half as tasty as the photo shows, it is going to be a hit!)

I didn't feel too well as I think I contracted the cold that Amanda has had for the last few weeks. I spent quite a bit of the day sneezing and dealing with a runny nose. Thankfully that is all of the symptoms so far and I hope it doesn't get worse. I was able to help Amanda plan for the Thanksgiving menu and go to the grocery store and get the items we needed. I'm glad I went today as it was busy enough at Kroger but nothing compared to how it will be on Tuesday and Wednesday. I wasn't a big help when it came to cooking the food as I would have contaminated it. I am thankful that I was able to function almost normally today.
Source
How was your weekend? Comment below or link up with Sami to join in the fun. 

Happy Monday (of a short week - whoooo hooo!!!!),

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...