Thursday, July 18, 2013

His Ode to Red Rooster

One of the things I am looking forward to the most about returning to Australia is the foods that I loved eating when I lived there but can't buy in the United States. Some things I have been able to recreate pretty well in my own kitchen but there are several items that I have not been unable to make here. There are many items that I will probably talk about in the next few weeks but today is dedicated to my favourite Australian food item, the Red Rooster Roll.

Source
 One of the things I miss the most is Red Rooster which is a chicken fast food chain in Australia. They have many tasty items including my favourite, the Red Rooster Roll. Their website lists it simply as "Real roast chicken with herb stuffing and creamy mayo in a warm sesame seed roll." It is so much more as it has such wonderful flavour and there is nothing even close to it in America. I have tried unsuccessfully to recreate it in my own kitchen and resigned myself to the fact that unless I can get the recipe from a Red Rooster employee, I will just have to wait until I get to a Red Rooster store.

We land in Australia today and I will be visiting a Red Rooster sometime so I can end my 6 year Rooster Roll drought. The airport does have a Red Rooster but they will not be serving Rooster Rolls until later in the day. Thankfully there are plenty of other Red Roosters on the way to my sister's house so I will be able to stop in and get a Rooster Roll or maybe even two. I'll let you know how it tastes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...