Sunday, July 7, 2013

His and Her Sunday Social (7/7/2013)

Hey everyone! We are linking up with Ashley and Neely for the Sunday Social. This week is all about trips and vacations which is perfect for us because we are in the middle of our "Australia To-Do List". We leave in 8 days...I cannot believe it!!!

Sunday Social



1. What is the best trip you've ever been on?

Amanda - Sean and I have taken some pretty awesome vacations, but if I had to pick the best it would be our first trip to Australia. I had so much fun exploring a new country and a new culture. (Honorable Mention goes to our cruise to Canada and our weekend trip to Universal Studios!)

Me touching the Pacific Ocean for the first time
Sean and I in front of the Opera House
Sean - My favourite vacation was our last cruise to Canada and New England. It was nine nights and we visited 6 different ports. It was very relaxing and we got to see so many wonderful places and we didnt have to worry about meals or accommodations as the ship took care of everything!


2. What is your best idea for a girls weekend trip?

Amanda - I have never had a girls weekend trip but my friends and I have talked about going to a vineyard/winery that is half way between our two cities. I think it sounds very relaxing and fun!

Sean - My idea of a great guys weekend trip is to go to an area with a ton of disc golf courses, play a bunch of disc golf and then relax with a few cold brews and some good food!




3. What is your best idea for a couples trip? 

Amanda - Anything where we get to spend a lot of time together is a great trip. 
Sean -Visiting a new city or place that we both want to go to but haven't been to yet.
Source



4. What is the best vacation on the cheap?

Amanda - Take a vacation in your own town/area. Stay home but make a point to visit an attraction each day. We did this last summer and it was awesome! We went to the amusement parks, zoo, fun restaurants. It felt like a vacation but we didn't go anywhere.
Sean -Having a staycation like Amanda mentioned is awesome. If you want to get out of your area booking using discount website like hotwire.com will save you a ton of cash and allows you to spend your cash on meals or activities rather than a room you will likely only sleep in.




5. What is the place you most want to visit?

Amanda - I cannot wait to visit Europe. I want to see London, Ireland, Italy, Germany, and Greece so so so so so badly!!!
Sean - I would love to revisit New Zealand again as it was so scenic and would be nice to be able to see again as an adult.
Source

Well, we are off to check off some items on the Australia-do list - cleaning, laundry, and some shopping. *phew*

Happy Socializing,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...