Saturday, February 23, 2013

Her February Birchbox

I am so glad that I signed up for the monthly Birchbox subscription. It is so much fun to get mail anyway - but to get a monthly package with samples of make-up, hair care, and perfume is so...well, cool! I love it. Here's what my February Birchbox contained:

Disclaimer: I usually take photos with my smaller, very easy to use camera. That one, however, was throwing a fit this morning and refusing to work. I used my husband's camera which is huge and complex. I struggled with the photos and they aren't that great. Sorry!


 Click on the photo to go to their website to sign up for your own monthly box of goodies.

This month the Birchbox theme was Red Carpet Ready. That makes sense considering we are in the middle of awards show season.

A little treat to enjoy as I scoped out what other goodies were in this month's box. I love these little squares!!

 Color Club: Nail Polish in Wild Cactus
Birchbox says: Shoo away winter blues with this on-trend emerald polish
Full-size: $8
My review: I don't normally wear colors this bold and don't think I am daring enough to wear this as fingernail polish. I would, however, use this as a toenail polish and think it would be very pretty and something different.

 Beauty Protector: Protect and Detangle Leave-In Conditioner
Birchbox says: Great for all hair types, this nourishing elixir performs seven hair-healing functions. Among them: locking in color, adding shine, and instantly detangling.
Full-size: $21.95
My review: I am picky about my conditioners because my hair can go from smooth to haystack in under a minute. This conditioner made my hair so smooth and silky soft without weighing it down or looking like I had too much product. I could almost see myself buying a full-size bottle.

 Dr. Jart+: Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm
Birchbox says: From the brand that brought BB cream to the U.S., this gold-standard formulation has mineral SPF 25 and a satiny, matte finish.
Full-size: $36
My review: This product replaces any foundation or tinted moisturizer that I would normally use. Instantly that made me nervous because I have a splotchy natural texture to my skin and I need a good covering foundation to smooth everything out. I'm going to wait until the weekend to try this one in case it doesn't match my skin tone or just isn't good for me.

Juicy Couture: Couture La La
Birchbox says: Roll out the red carpet for this new scent, a stunning mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom.
Full-size:$19-90 (wow - that is a huge range!)
My review: I know some people hate the perfume samples that come with the box, but I have really liked most of them. With this one I could smell the lily and currant the most which I liked. I have several of my samples from previous months lined up on my vanity and I like having the options available in the morning. What do I want to smell like today? It's fun!

Overall I rate this Birchbox five stars. I am excited about each product I received.
Source

What did you think of your Birchbox this month?

Happy Sampling,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...