Monday, October 14, 2013

His and Her Weekend Shenanigans

We had a crazy busy weekend so without further ado, here are our -- 


Sami's Shenanigans

**For those who are new to our blog - WELCOME - purple is Amanda, red is Sean, blue is for both of us. We hope it helps make it less confusing for our readers to know who is talking and sharing. :) **

Friday:
I worked on Friday until almost 5:30 trying to get lesson plans ready for next week. I really do hate planning at home because inevitably I leave something at school that I need. So, I stuck around working and realized that the high school Homecoming Parade was going by the school. I stood on the front steps and waved at my former students, blew kisses to the girls on homecoming court, and said "hi" to some teachers I know. For the first Friday all year, I was really glad I worked late. :)

Saturday:
I KNIT A HAT!!! Hats are a step up in difficulty level for me because they require knitting in the round. I hadn't done that before. Also, the finishing required a set of double pointed needles which I have been afraid of since I started knitting. A knitting friend, Jen, had some and she stopped her knitting for about 45 minutes to coach me through using them for the first time. I am so grateful because it made me feel a little more at ease. I was still super nervous and anxious that I was going to screw something up right at the end. All that is behind me now though because I KNIT A HAT!!!!
   
One of our friends was moving house and they needed some help lifting some of the heavier appliances. I am not a huge fan of moving but they needed help and offered a free dinner, so Amanda and I went out to help out. It wasn't as hard as I expected so that was a bonus. The rest of their stuff is pretty light so its good to know that the big heavy stuff is done.

Sunday: 
When we checked the mail on Sunday (Saturday was super busy), I found my invitation to my favorite baby's 1st birthday party. I don't know how it has been a year but I cannot wait to celebrate with my sis, bro-in-law, and niece. :) Isn't she adorable?

 I got up early to go donate platelets at the Red Cross. I go every 2-3 weeks to donate and it has been part of my routine for about 15 months now. The platelets are only good for 5 days so that its important that I, along with others, go regularly to replenish the supply. They use platelets for cancer patients which is a cause dear to me and I hope that I am making some sort of difference for someone.

What was your most memorable moment of the weekend?

Happy Monday,
  

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on completing a hat!! My daughter and I are knitting scarves to donate to the Knit Together in Love project (wrote about it here: http://covingtonchronicle.blogspot.com/2013/10/motherdaughter-service-project.html) HOWEVER we are "cheating" and using a loom! :) It has been fun but I'd like to step it up and learn how to "real" knit one day. Good job on learning a new skill and trying harder things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...