Monday, October 14, 2013

Her (and His) Monday Made-It

It feels like that for as long as I have been reading blogs, I have seen the Monday Made-It button floating around. This is a link-up hosted by Tara at 4th Grade Frolics. You can join so long as you made something - it does not have to be something for the classroom either. Just anything you made that you want to share with the blogging world. 

 

I wanted to have a way of better organizing my students' exit slips and then along came this post from Teach-A-Roo. I'm not sure why I waited so long to create this.

The original pin:
Teach-A-Roo: Ticket Out the Door! 
 And the link that goes with it -- Click here!

Here is my version. My room's theme is bright colors (mostly purple and pink) and zebra print. Hey - I'm a girlie girl, so I need a girlie girl room. So far, the middle school boys have not complained. ;)

The Washi tape was a huge help for this project. If a line of tape went down crooked, we could just peel it up and try again. No stress, no fuss - no tearing of the posterboard. Loving some washi tape this year!


My students are assigned numbers anyway for turning in papers (easy alphabetizing which means easier entry into the gradebook) and for using laptop computers (so if something happens, I know who to blame, I mean question). Now as they complete their exit slip, they will put it on their box and away they go. I can then go back through and tell who knows the material, who needs a little more help, and who is completely lost. 
All that is left to do is add the numbers (still deciding if I want small numbers in the corner or large numbers that fill the box) and laminate.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must tell you that Sean did most of the work for this project. I am HORRIBLE at math - with a capital #epicfail - so after a few moments of me struggling with the measurements, he said "Just let me do it!" I love that he is so willing to save me the headache of trying to do math. He's a keeper!

Have you made anything recently that is a great addition to your classroom? Please share!

Happy Crafting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...