Thursday, March 28, 2013

Her March Birchbox

I am so glad that I could get myself together this week so I could post about my March Birchbox. (You can click here to see why it did not get posted last Thursday.) 

I was happy with this month's box - though I could care less about the "March Madness" connected theme (I find basketball so boring!!!). Here's what I received...

Click here to sign up for your own monthly subscription.

Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board
Birchbox says: We teamed up with Madewell to create this adorable mani savior, patterned after a print from their spring collection.
Full size: $5
My review: Though I love a good emery board, I found the print to be old looking and I am not sure why it costs $5. It is in my purse now and I will use it when I need it.

Make Face Primer Broad Spectrum
Birchbox says: Pump up your makeup's endurance and protect skin with this two-in-one base and SPF.
Full-size: $30
My review: I used this product but I don't think I get it. What is a face primer supposed to do? If I am already using moisturizer then what changes should I see when I use this?

Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Paraben-Free Conditioner
Birchbox says: The Hollywood stylist devised this sulfate-free shampoo to enhance the vibrancy of your hue. It's loaded with yummy apple and lemon extracts that boost volume.
Made with a team of restorative peptides, this gentle conditioner sinks into each stand to boost shine and enhance your hair color.
Full-size: $22, $24
My review: I really, really liked everything about this shampoo and conditioner (except the smell, ick!). I wouldn't spend that much for a full-size but I will happily use the whole sample. 

Caldrea Body Lotion
Birchbox says: We adore these elegant body lotions, which come in three ethereal scents: Tea Olive Lime, Aloe Water Apricot, and Coconut Fig.
Full-size: $22
My review: I haven't used these yet so no review here. :)

Make Eyeshadow
Birchbox says: This new brand's pretty pigments have serious staying power, and we love that one-third of all sales are donated to charity.
Full-size: $18
My review: This color is a dark grey and I do not like wearing dark colored eye shadow. Maybe one day -- but not now.

Overall, I would give this month's Birchbox three out of five stars.
Source
How was your box this month? Did you love any of the products you received?

Happy Sampling,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...