Sunday, February 10, 2013

His and Her Sunday Social (2/10/13)

Sunday Social

Time to be social on Sunday :)

This weeks Questions: All about our Childhoods

1. What was your first car? 
Amanda - It was a 1986 Mercury Marquis. It wasn't anything fancy or stylish but I loved that car --- because I had a car!!! I was so excited to drive around on my own and not need to borrow my parents' cars.
Sean - It was an '84 Holden Gemini. It looked very similar to the picture below.
Source
 2. Who was your favorite childhood teacher?
Amanda - I had so many great, great teachers that I have to break this down by school level. In Elementary School it was my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Harris. In Middle School, it was my 7th grade history teacher Mrs. Hogan. In high school it was my psychology teacher Mrs. (Mama) Redmond.
Sean - I had some great teachers throughout my schooling but my favourite was Mr Mead back in 3rd grade. He went above and beyond to make sure I understood the material, called my parents when I struggled, and saw talent and encouraged me to play the trumpet after he heard me playing one day.

3. Were you involved in any sports/extracurricular activities? 
Amanda - In elementary school and the first part of middle school, I played softball in the local rec league. In high school, I was very involved in the Key Club at school.
Sean - I played in the PCYC Brass band from 3rd grade on and I was on the school lawn bowls team (made it the regional finals in my senior year). I also participated in several events in the school swimming and athletics carnivals each year. 

4. What was your favorite birthday party?
Amanda - All my birthdays were incredible. Mom always went all out to throw a great kids party and a great family party. We went bowling, to the pool, to the movies. I can't remember a bad birthday.
Sean - In Tamworth there wasn't much to choose from. It was either McDonalds, the bowling alley, or the roller skating rink. Other than that it was at a mates house or the park. I liked the roller skating parties best as there was plenty to do and the food was pretty tasty.

5. Who was your teen celebrity crush? 
Amanda - Joey McIntyre from NKOTB 
Source
Sean - When I was a teen I focused my energy into chasing girls locally that I actually had a chance with rather than fantasizing about girls I would never meet. Plus we only had a handful of channels on the telly so there wasn't much to choose from and most of them weren't that attractive.

6. What show/movie did your parents not allow you to watch? 
Amanda - Mom said no to Dirty Dancing until I was older.
Source
Sean - My parents were pretty lax with that stuff, plus I couldn't see the point in asking to see something that they would say no to. My brother wanted to see Hamburger Hill (a military movie) when he was younger and it used to drive him nuts when dad said no. I think he ended up conning mum into renting it one day.

Our favorite question is #4 so we want to know -- what was your favorite childhood birthday party?

Happy Sunday,

2 comments:

  1. McDonalds parties were always fun. Can you still have a party at McDonalds?? I'm gonna find out.

    Stopping by from Sunday Social!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer. Thanks for stopping by and spending a little bit of time with us. Hopefully you will stop by again soon. I don't remember exactly what was so fun about birthday parties at Maccas (the aussie slang term for McDonalds) but they were always fond memories. I'm not sure if they still do them, I guess you would have to call. Let us know what you find out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...