Sunday, August 19, 2012

His and Her Weekend Recap, 8/19/2012

Another weekend of fun, family, and food. Here's what we got up to...

Sean's recap of Saturday...
   Our plans changed a little due to the weather but it was still a good day. We hoped to go to one of our favourite eateries in Norfolk but the weather was supposed to get bad so we skipped it and went straight to our only errand for the day. Our errand was to visit the tailor and have them take in some of Amanda's pants. Sadly for the pants, but not for Amanda because she has lost so much weight, they were far too big to be able to be tailored properly. So that means Amanda gets to go shopping for new pants and the local Goodwill store has some nice gently worn clothing items.
    Then it was onto Amanda's parents house. Since her dad is still recovering from eye surgery I mowed the lawns for them. It didn't take very long and now the lawns are nice and short. If only I could say the same about the yard at our house. Then we hung out for a while with them (aka the blokes took a nap) and then we headed out to a favourite place to eat dinner.
    Dinner was at Finn McCools which is an Irish pub in Virginia Beach. We all ordered their fish and chips. We also got gravy to go with our chips (Fries) which is foreign to most Americans but is a big hit in Australia. If you haven't tried gravy with your chips/fries then you haven't lived and need to give it a try. You won't be disappointed! We also got dessert which was a custard style dessert for me (I can't spell the real name of it) and Bread Pudding for everyone else. After dinner we hung out for a while and headed home. All in all it was a pretty good day!

Amanda's recap of Sunday...
We were planning to drive to Newport News today (about 45 minutes away) to use a coupon I have for a mani/pedi but it began to storm so we decided to stay closer to home. We grocery shopped for the week and found some really great deals.  Yay!
At home I decided it was time to clean out my closet. I didn't want to go back to school clothes shopping without knowing what clothes fit and what didn't. I ended up with four bags of clothes and three outfits on hangers to donate to our local thrift store. There are some great items that I am almost sorry to give up - almost! Giving them up means they are too big for me now and I am determined to not feel bad about having to give something away because it is too big. 
As a reward, I decided to make Peanut Butter Cup Blondies from a new favorite blogger - "Point-less" Meals. They are cooling now but if they taste half as good as they smell we have a winner. 
Sean went to pick up dinner - Chinese food - and I am ready to cozy up with Big Brother on CBS and The Great Food Truck Race on FoodNetwork later tonight.

Tomorrow Sean has lovingly and graciously decided to take the day off to help me in my classroom. I am hoping we will get the posters hung, bulletin boards covered and set-up, and furniture in place. Lofty expectations but my parents are also coming out for a few hours so I am hopeful we can get all that accomplished. 

What did you get up to this weekend?

TTYL,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...