Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Her Learn Like a Pirate Book Study

I follow several bloggers who are doing a book study on the book Learn Like a Pirate by Paul Solarz. I have been intrigued about this book and his other, Teach Like a Pirate. I ordered the book this past weekend and cannot wait to get started.


I understand the importance of collaborative groups in both Civics and English class, but I will admit that I am a complete Type-A/OCD personality in the classroom. It's hard to relinquish that control and turn the learning over to the students - despite the fact that I know for authentic learning to occur, that is exactly what I need to do.

I am loving the idea of this book study and this book. I can't wait for the book to get here so I can get started. Want to join? Head to Amazon for your copy and The Primary Gal's blog to link up.

What are your initial thoughts about this book and the idea behind it?

Happy Reading and Learning,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...