Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday Snapshot - Lap Quilt

Have you liked our "His and Her Hobbies" Facebook page? If not, click here!

Today we are linking up with Melinda at West Metro Mommy for Super Saturday Snapshots.


Last week I posted a picture and asked if anyone could name which city the photo was taken in. Click here if you missed that post. A few of you guessed the correct answer which was Boston.

Today I am sharing some photos of a  lap quilt that I made for a friend of ours. I kept the design fairly simple but it turned out to be super bright and colourful as I used a ton of different colours and patterns.
 
The quilt measures approx 58 inches by 52 inches (147cm x 132cm)

The back of the quilt is an orange checkerboard fabric. I kept the quilting simple but it looks nice.

There is a total of 56 blocks on the quilt.

There are 27 different prints in the quilt. All but one of the patterns were scrap pieces from other projects.

 Each print appears once in the center of a block and once as the border of a solid color block.

I used a variety of solid colours for the binding. I really liked the effect that the different colours give the edge of the quilt.

Give it a quick test run before it got shipped off to our friend.

 Which of the fabric patterns on the quilt is your favourite?


8 comments:

  1. What a great job you did. I'm sure your friend loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, great job on the quilt. It is beautiful!! Second, am I understanding this correctly? Sean, not Amanda, made this quilt? If so, I love that! I only know two other men who like to sew, quilt, knit etc. and I never understood why more men didn't like to do them. They aren't any more "woman things" than cooking is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a great quilt!
    Thanks for dropping by and visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a stunning quilt! You should be very proud of your work. I especially like the way you put the colors together.

    readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those bright colours. Cute picture at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice! I have some of the cupcake fabric and some of the multicolored dots n dots. I love the mix! It will be perfect for a lap cuddle quilt. Great job, Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very comfy and absolutely gorgeous!

    - Linking over from Saturday Snapshots

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a lot of work. I haven't quilted since I was pregnant, and my youngest is 15.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...