Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday Snapshots: The Lighthouses of the Outer Banks

Have you liked our "His and Her Hobbies" Facebook page? If not, click here!

Today we are linking up with Melinda at West Metro Mommy for Super Saturday Snapshots.


Back in 2002 we took a day trip to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Along with miles and miles of beaches we saw several lighthouses. Each one had its own paint scheme which is different to the lighthouses in Australia. Below are some pictures of some of the lighthouses that we saw that day.


The lighthouse at Hatteras.

The Lighthouse at Corolla.

The Lighthouse at Currituck.

What paint schemes do the lighthouses near you have? 


6 comments:

  1. Love these photos, I can smell the ocean air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing a lighthouse too. I live inland and don't often see them of course, they're exciting, and they mean you're away somewhere near the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I did a similar "lighthouse tour" of the Oregon coast several years ago. Each one we found was different. Some were tall, while others were shorter. Most were painted white. It was amazing how much light those gigantic lenses could project with just a small flame. I hope to visit the Outer Banks one of these days. Thanks for giving me a peek this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lighthouses are really interesting, and very different. My husband took a series of lighthouse photos on the Channel Islands, where he got me to stand in front of each one, so I looked like I am wearing a lighthouse hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a good lighthouse!
    I can almost smell the sea breeze :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! I'm hoping to do a post of some of the lighthouses on the Oregon Coast...of course, I have to get out there and take the pics first!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...