Tuesday, July 22, 2014

His: Redecorating the Living Room

A few weeks ago we went to Clemson to see Amanda's sister, her husband, and our niece. I was asked to bring my sewing machine and supplies so I could help them with some redecorating in their new home, including recovering 9 couch pillows, recovering a ottoman, and a few other items. We headed out to get supplies and after visiting two fabric stores we had enough fabric to do everything. It took several hours of measuring, cutting fabric and sewing to complete all of the projects, but the end result was more than worth it.


 Putting new covers on the couch pillows was the easiest of the tasks and they only took about 10 minutes each after the fabric was cut to size. We chose 4 different fabrics so there was a nice variety of colours.


Amanda's sister also asked if I could sew a cover for the ottoman. I had never tried this but I was willing to try. This project took a few hours since I originally made it too big and had to modify it so it was smaller and was a nice snug fit. 


 This wooden toy chest is also a seat. It did not have a seat cushion so I was able to make this with some of the extra fabric that I had. I didn't have enough of the solid colour so I added the stripes to each end to make it long enough.


I also made a small pillow for my niece's chair. It's the perfect size for a toddler.

The new pillows and cushions look really nice in their brand new house and I was happy to do this for them. Have you ever sewn your own pillows or cushions for your home or for someone you love?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...