Monday, October 7, 2013

His and Her Weekend Shenanigans

We had a crazy busy weekend so without further ado, here are our -- 

Sami's Shenanigans

**For those who are new to our blog - WELCOME - purple is Amanda, red is Sean, blue is for both of us. We hope it helps make it less confusing for our readers to know who is talking and sharing. :) **

After such a long week, both of us were exhausted by Friday night. I knit a little and watched a few of the shows on my DVR. Sean watched some episodes of shows on Netflix. We crashed early.

Errands, errands, errands! We ran around for 5 hours - 
          shopping for Homecoming Spirit Week outfits for me -
          exchanging some clothes that I bought online that were too big (yay for clothes that are too big!) -
          buying some items for my "You've Been Boo'ed" gifts for tomorrow (click here to see what I am talking about) -
          buying Boss's Day gifts (it's October 16 so I went ahead and picked their gifts from Harry and David - went with Moose Munch S'mores popcorn). 
Lots and lots of running around.  But we got to have a fun night at a favorite restaurant with a coworker and good friend, her husband, and her parents. The food was yummy and we laughed a lot. 
I also knit a little more on Saturday night. I can't wait to show you guys what I have been working on.

      I went out to play disc golf and had a decent round. I was driving home and saw a dog walking down the road. It looked lost so I turned around to see if I could approach it and see if it had a collar and tags. When I approached the dog I could see it was in pretty rough shape as it was missing most of its fur, was extremely skinny, and had gunk in its eyes. I didn't know what to do but she let me pick her up so I put her in the car. A gentleman called to me and said he called animal control and they got my info and said they would call back. After a few minutes I hadnt heard from them so I took her home. 
       Our dog got along with the dog so Amanda and I talked about it and thought it was best to get her cleaned up and see a vet to see what was wrong with her. We were hoping that she would need just a little TLC and that we could nurse her back to health. We went to Petsmart's grooming department and the ladies there were super nice and suggested we take her straight to the vet across the street. The vet office took us in and examined her. After a while they came in to talk to us (they were really busy) and let us know that the dog was pretty sick, was around 14 years old and the testing and treatment would cost at least $1000. We couldn't afford that amount so we had to make the heart wrenching decision to surrender her to animal control. We aren't sure what will happen to her but at least she is not wandering around the streets lost, hungry, and confused. She is in a safe place, away from all the rain we got today and from all the cars that drive on that road. It was a tough day emotionally but we know we did everything we could and she is in better care than she was yesterday when I found her.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun and exciting?

Happy Monday,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...