Friday, May 22, 2015

Finding Beauty Friday: Hands2Help

    After the A-Z Challenge last month Amanda and I decided to get back into blogging regularly. One of my days is Finding Beauty Friday. I was a little unsure what I would feature but last weekend I saw something that I thought would be perfect.

Source
 One of the blogs, Confessions of a Fabric Addict that I found during the A-Z Challenge hosts a challenge each year called Hands2Help where quilters make and donate quilts to charities. The three charities featured this year are:
Layers of Hope Quilting 911 - Quilts are donated to victims of disasters.
Happy Chemo - This organization makes care packages that includes quilts for people who are getting chemo treatments.
Because You Matter - Quilts are given to children who are going through tough times so they have something to snuggle up to.

The Hands2Help page has more information about each of the 3 charities. Over the first 4 years they have been able to collect over 400 quilts for these organizations. The organizers have some prizes to give away to some of the quilters who participate. Sadly I didn't find out about this challenge until it was almost over so I am unable to participate this time but will definetely be part next year. It is great to see that so many people are willing to share their talents, time and money to people they have never met. I hope they meet their goals and enrich the lives of everyone who receives their generous gifts.

Have you ever been part of an online challenge like this? 

4 comments:

  1. I really like this idea, especially the Because You Matter charity for kids. I haven't seen a blog challenge like this exactly, but bloggers often help out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! My mom is a quilter. She also knits and she's knitted a lot of blankets for hospitals to go to preemies and the babies that don't make it. I think it's wonderful when people do things like this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat! I hadn't heard of these challenges, but certainly for worthy causes! Sadly I'm not creative otherwise I would participate. Like Chry's mom, my mom knitted a lot of things, she made lots of hats for kids who needed them. I have not been part of online challenges like this, but I have been known to support causes online that people post (people that I know), like when they are participating in a walk for a charity, or a recent one I did was a Christian vet who is coming to Arizona on a mission to neuter/spay dogs at one of the Native American reservations here. I thought that was a neat effort to be involved in.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a great deed! I don't quilt, but if I did I would definitely join in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...