Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday Snapshots: Frozen Railcar

Have you liked our "His and Her Hobbies" Facebook page? If not, click here!

Today we are linking up with Melinda at West Metro Mommy for Super Saturday Snapshots.


We got a few inches of snow earlier this week along with some sleet. I often find some interesting icicles after snow storms which is something I find very interesting. I saw this one railcar that had dozens of icicles hanging off it and thought it would be a great subject for this week's post.

From a distance it looks just like any other tank car. But if you look closer.....

There are large icicles hanging all along the bottom of the rail car.

and there are icicles on the wheels as well.

The icicles and the ice above it just make it look cold (which it is)

Did anyone else have snow this week? Try and stay warm, or cool if you are in the southern hemisphere.


13 comments:

  1. Gosh that does look cold! Thanks for visiting Heidi's post - she was very pleased, although she is very wary around dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photos. Looks really cold! We had a dusting of snow in late November but otherwise our winter has been mild. (I live in the Pacific Northwest U.S.) I hope you're having warmer temps now.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete

  3. Gorgeous! They look as if they were designed that way....thanks for sharing. Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always enjoyed knocking down icicles. I was in Canada for a month last year in the winter. (we lost my mum-it was cold but I remember one day after she died my Dad and I went out to lunch and just knocking down the icicles.) Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure does look cold. I had a fascination with icicles when I lived in Canada. They're so unAustralian! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pics Sean - but we need some of those icicles in Sydney to cool us down this week!!
    Hope the weather eases up for you soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of our snow is gone here in the Midwest. We hardly ever get icicles like those in your photos. They remind me though of my childhood in Canada. As with others here, icicles fascinate me. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of our snow is gone here in the Midwest. We hardly ever get icicles like those in your photos. They remind me though of my childhood in Canada. As with others here, icicles fascinate me. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! I love the icicles. So pretty! We just got 4 inches of snow last night, which is pretty epic here in NC.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...