Monday, August 18, 2014

His and Her Home Repair Saga, Days 5 and 6

Home Repair Saga, Day 1
Home Repair Saga, Day 2
Home Repair Saga, Day 3
Home Repair Saga, Day 4

Friday morning, the guys were here before 8 to continue working. I could not see anything they were doing, but I could hear them working and talking.
I hated not being able to see and having no natural light in the room.

I could hear them mixing concrete, removing the jacks, and doing some other hammering, drilling, and sawing. There were some hiccups during the day so the door did not get put in. The new concrete foundation was laid and everything was made ready for the brick mason to come on Saturday.

This is what the back of the house looked like Friday night. It looked a little bit like a war zone.


It's like a concrete pool...

...stretching across the entire back of the house.
See what I meant - disaster area. I just want to go and start cleaning things up. I won't, but I want to.

Saturday was a slow day. Our contractor came by and got things set up for the brick mason. The brick mason came by and saw what the guys had done and was confused. Apparently, they had two different visions. He said it wasn't a problem and left to get more supplies. He didn't come back. I called our contractor later and asked what was going on. He explained that the brick mason needed more supplies than he originally thought and it was too late in the day to start.

The deal now is that they will all be here Monday to add the bricks and stairs, put in the door, replace the siding, and clean up the backyard. Tuesday they will fix the interior plaster and handle all the finishing work. But - if I have learned anything through this process it's that contractor's timelines can change at a moment's notice. We will be flexible, but hopeful that it all gets done before I go back to work on Wednesday.


Happy Monday,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...