Friday, December 28, 2012

His and Her High Five for Friday (12/28/12)

Hello all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

We are linking up with the amazing Laura at My Grey Desk (click the button to travel to her site) to show off the top five moments of our week. 

Here goes:

1. (Amanda) Christmas Eve service at our church is always so great! They sing all the traditional Christmas carols and read from Luke. The kids get plastic drums and match around while the adults sing "Little Drummer Boy". They are so adorable! It ends with a candlelit singing of "Silent Night", which moved me to tears this year as I thought about all the families in Newtown, CT.
Source

2. (Sean) This is the one gift that I really wanted to get this year. I didn't think I was going to get it but to my surprise it was in one of my wrapped presents. I immediately ran to the car to get my discs and put them in and organize them. I have been playing a lot of disc golf this year and until now have been using a cinch sack to haul my discs around. It did the job but having a proper disc golf bag allows me to organize the discs and access them easily during a game. It is larger than I need right now but it will allow me to expand my disc collection as time goes on. Another one of my favourite features is that it has 2 large water bottle holders. I get really thirsty during the warmer months and this will be really useful. Who knows - maybe having a proper bag will help improve my score. Not likely but a man can dream right?
My favourite Gift. Note: Discs not included.




 3. (Amanda) "Friends Christmas"...this is what we call the Christmas celebration we have with our dear friends. This year we gathered, ate yummy lasagne, and opened gifts. The two boys (ages 4 and 2 - who are the cutest little boys ever!!) got a Thomas the Tank Engine train set from us. Everyone, adults included, liked playing with the new toy.





















4. (Sean) I have become a huge fan of disc golf. Its a lot of fun and unlike ball golf it doesn't cost a lot to play (most courses are free and the ones that charge are usually under $5 per round) One of my friends (Robert) was in town and we went out to the course near home to play. The course is one of the more difficult courses in the area but is still a lot of fun to play. We had played twice together at another course near his home earlier this year and I lost to him both times, so it was time to redeem myself. My hope today was that I could pull of a win as I had home course advantage. Robert started off strong but I was able to claw back and take a lead in the first half of the course. I was able to extend my lead into the second half. Robert was able to gain a few shots on the last two holes but it was too little too late and I was able to record my first win which felt really good.
The basket we were aiming for on hole 1.

5. (Amanda) I am a major Pride and Prejudice fan. I love the love story between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. My friend introduced me to the BBC mini-series with Colin Firth a few years ago.Knowing how much I wanted my own copy, Sean got it for me for Christmas. I am so excited to spend 5 hours and 45 minutes in the hill country of England with the Darcys and the Bennetts.
Source
I hope you all had as great a week as we did. Enjoy your weekend and please check back on Monday when we link up with Kate and Kati to talk about the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of our weekend.

TTFN,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...