Saturday, April 19, 2014

His: Super Saturday Snapshots - Quilt in Progress!

Our A-Z Blogging Challenge continues. We hope you are enjoying these posts. In the beginning we worried that we wouldn't have anything to write about on "Q" day, but thankfully I got some sewing done and we have something to share.

Today we are linking up with Melinda at West Metro Mommy for Super Saturday Snapshots.

I recently started sewing late last year and blogged briefly about some of the projects that I have completed in a previous post(Click here to read that post.) I have had a lot of fun making dresses, drawstring bags and other projects but I am also working on my very first quilt. I got my interest in sewing because I wanted to start quilting and even though I started off with a fairly simple design the quilt took a lot longer than I expected. The quilt will a gift to my niece Bennett and is big enough that she will be able use it for a few years at least as it will fit on a toddler bed. Below are some photos from what I have done so far.

The first two squares being sewn together. Just 58 more squares to go!

Sewing another row to the front of the quilt.

I kept the quilting pattern simple as this was my first attempt. It is wavy lines with little leaves every so often.

I was hoping to have it completed by now but every step is taking far longer than I ever imagined. I have about half of the quilt done so far, so all I have left is to quilt the other half and sew on the border. I am also working on some other projects but I hope to have it done soon so I can share the pictures of the finished quilt soon. Have you ever made a quilt or wanted to?



  1. This is something I hope to learn to do... quilting.

  2. This is an adorable quilt! I love your fabric choices, color, and pattern -- perfect for your first quilt. Your niece will treasure it. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed project. By the way, I'm a quilter too. Seems like quilts always take longer than I anticipate, but they're worth the time that I've invested.
    My Saturday Snapshot is HERE.

  3. Hurray for another quilter joining the ranks!
    Have fun! Pretty soon, you'll be having a hard time choosing what pattern you want to try next!

  4. Oh what cute monkeys! Love it!

    I've been away from Saturday Snapshot for a while. I'd love for you to stop by my post.

  5. I admire quilts and quilters, but don't think that I will ever do anything like that. It looks great.

  6. I love it! I actually have that fabric in the pink. You have good taste. ;) You're doing a great job so far. I'm sure your niece will love it. Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

  7. I hand-quilted at first. I cut out each square individually and then hand-sewed the pieces together. That's how my grandma did it and that's how she taught me.

  8. So if I'm reading this correctly, it is Sean that is the sewer/quilter, right? That's neat! That quilt will be nice when it is completed and I'm sure your niece will enjoy it for many a year and when she might outgrow it, she'll always keep it!

    No, I'm not a quilter but my mom was. She made some really nice quilts.

    Enjoy the day!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...