Saturday, March 22, 2014

Super Saturday Snapshots - March 22, 2014

Today we are linking up with Melinda at West Metro Mommy for Super Saturday Snapshots.


Tomorrow is our 12th wedding anniversary so to celebrate we wanted to share some of the photos from our wedding. Many of our new friends have not seen the photos so this is the perfect opportunity to share them on the blog.

A family photo of Amanda, her sister and her parents before the wedding.

 We had the ceremony outside by the intracoastal waterway. It was a great location for the photographs but it was a little chilly due to the winds.


Sean and his new family (Amanda's grandmother, parents, sister and her brother-in-law)


Amanda's bouquet and our new wedding rings.

The food at the wedding reception. When I was asked what food I wanted all I said is that I wanted a Chick-Fil-A nugget tray. Luckily my lovely mother in law got one for us.

Cutting the wedding cake. The baker who made our cake also made the wedding cake for Dale and Theresa Earnhardt's wedding.

Time to feed each other cake. (We were nice.)

This has to be one of my favourite photos from the reception. Amanda's cat Stripes had fallen asleep from all of the excitement. One of our guests staged this photo by placing an empty beer can on the cat's belly. How Stripes did not notice someone placing a can on his belly is beyond me, since cats are normally so acutely aware of their surroundings even when they are asleep.

Tonight we are going out to one of our favourite restaurants to celebrate since they are closed tomorrow. Tomorrow we will relax and just enjoy each other's company. A low-key anniversary is just what we need/want right now.

Do you have any fun wedding stories?



8 comments:

  1. I love weddings set near water...whether it's a lake or the ocean. Gorgeous setting...lovely photos. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful location for your wedding ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. It looks like a lovely and loving wedding celebration. Thanks for letting us attend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun pictures! I love seeing other people's wedding pictures!

    I meant to put the button you so kindly created for me on today's post, but I simply forgot with all the craziness (mostly child-induced) in our house. Hopefully next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty place to have a wedding! Happy 12th Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wedding photos are always lovely. Yours brought back some memories of my own.

    We held ours outside and near water too but at a favorite park. Ducks came to visit during the ceremony. :-)

    We held ours in April and so there was some clouds and chill. We were just happy for no snow!

    During the ceremony, my husband took me to a bench for our kiss. This is where he originally proposed!

    For our wedding cake, we instead had a tower of cupcakes. Chicken would have made a good meal choice. :-)

    PS I love the cat photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 12 years?! Congratulations! That's so awesome!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com
    *new monday link up launches today!*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 12 years! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...