Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Her A-Z Survey...Book Edition

Jessica, who blogs over at The Artsy Cajun, got this idea from Charlene who blogs at Bisons to Buckeyes. It is an A-Z survey focusing on books and reading. It is such a great idea so we stole it. ;) Sean filled out his survey on Tuesday; today it is my turn.


A: Author you've read the most books by:  Probably Debbie Macomber. I really like the stories and characters she creates.

B: Best Sequel Ever: I love, love, love books that have a sequel. It means I get to stay with the characters a little while longer. My favorite sequels/series is Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series.
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 )
Source

C: Currently Reading:  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The Fault in Our Stars
Source
D: Drink of Choice While Reading:  Sweet tea, hot tea, hot chocolate, coffee - it depends on the time of day and the season

E: E-Reader or Physical Book? I am good either way. I like reading books on my Nook and I like reading physical books.

F: Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated in High School: I could see myself dating Ron Weasley. He is goofy and silly; I like someone who can make me laugh. But he is serious when he needs to be. I like that he is smart and talented in his own way, but doesn't fight Harry or Hermoine for the spotlight. He's chill - I like chill.
Source
G: Glad You Gave This Book a Chance: Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick. I read this book because it is one of this year's Virginia Young Reader Choice books. I did a video summary for the students at our school in the hopes that they would share in the love! It is a long one (640 pages), but it is two stories told in one. Ben's story is told in traditional prose (sentences and paragraphs) while Rose's story is told entirely in pictures. The way the author interwove the stories was incredible! I'm glad I took the chance on such a long book, because it was worth it.
Wonderstruck
Source

H: Hidden Gem Book: Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet series is a favorite of mine. I have read the stories a few times and was thinking the other day about how much I want to read them again. I love all four girls, all four guys, and the way their stories play out throughout the set.
Nora Roberts's Bride Quartet
Source
I: Important Moment in Your Reading Life: When I read Anne of Green Gables as a child. I knew I had found my first b-bff (book best friend forever). It is, to this day, one of my favorite stories.

J: Just Finished: Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins. She is one of my favorite authors and this is one of my favorites of hers.
Too Good to Be True
Source
K: Kinds of Books You Won't Read: "Erotic Literature (think 50 Shades). No, thank you." --- Charlene (Jessica shared this sentiment also.) I agree with Charlene and Jessica. I heard all about 50 Shades, but I never had any interest in reading it.

L: Longest Book You've Ever Read: Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick (see "G")

M: Major Book Hangover Because Of: The Twilight Series was a hangover book for me. I have gotten over it since, but when I started reading there was no stopping. I reread the book many times in a two year period.
The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4)
Source
N: Number of Book Cases You Own:  We have two tall ones and one medium one. They are pretty full!

O: One book you have read multiple times: I have many, many books that I have read multiple times. I love rereading books.

P: Preferred place to read:  I like to curl up in my recliner under a comfy blanket. Laying in bed at the end of a long day is a nice place to read too.

Q: Quote That Inspires You/Gives You Feels From a Book You've Read: “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! (A little cheesy I know, but I use this quote with my 8th graders when they need some encouragement during reading time.)

R: Reading Regret: Legally Blonde by Amanda Brown and Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell --- They were both terrible!!! *shivers*
Legally Blonde
Source
S: Series You Started But Still Need to Finish (All Books Are Out): Divergent by Veronica Roth - I read most of Divergent, but I haven't read the others in the series.

T: Three of your Favorite Books: There is no way to choose!! 

U: Unapologetic Fan-girl For:  Debbie Macomber

V: Very Excited for This Release More Than Others:I don't know what is going to be coming out soon. Anyone out there looking forward to something that I should be also?

W: Worst Bookish Habits: Not abandoning a book. I will push through until the book is over, but it makes me read really slowly (because I don't want to read). I should give up when the book is not something I like and move on to something I will like.

X: X Marks the Spot, Start at the Top of Your Shelf and Pick the 27th Book:  I used my GoodReads shelf - since I have physical books and ebooks. The 27th is Starting Now by Debbie Macomber.
Starting Now (Blossom Street, #9)
Source
Y: Your Latest Book Purchase: I have not bought a book in a long time. I usually go to the library and check them out (especially now that the library has such a great ebook selection).

Z: Zzzz-Snatcher Book (the last book that kept you up way too late): Whenever I am about 100 pages from the end of a book, I will find myself staying up to finish. Most recently it was Three Sisters by Susan Mallery.
Three Sisters (Blackberry Island, #2)
Source

That took longer than I originally thought it would, but it was lots of fun. Which books are your favorites that I need to be reading? I am always looking for new suggestions.


Happy Reading,

2 comments:

  1. I hate Candace Bushnell's stuff!! I like Nora Robert's bride quartet series. Not a huge fan of her, but those books were good.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading the fault in our stars, what are you thinking of it so far?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...