Tuesday, November 26, 2013

His and Her Never, Ever, Ever (Week 26)

Well hello Tuesday! We love Tuesday around here because it means we can play --

The Vintage Modern Wife: Never Ever Ever Link Up

**For those who are new to our blog - WELCOME - purple is Amanda, red is Sean, blue is for both of us. We hope it helps make it less confusing for our readers to know who is talking and sharing. :) **

Amanda will never, ever, ever...
-love any holiday as much as she loves Thanksgiving. The parade, the dog show, the family time, and the food. What's not to love??
Source
-understand the fascination with all-things-flavored-pumpkin. I can eat it in small doses, but it is not a flavor I am as enamored with as it appears others are. Not judging but I would rather have chocolate!
Source
 -need a break from school and all the drama going on there as I do right now. One more half day and then I am free for four days. I cannot wait to get away and breathe!
Source
Sean will never, ever, ever...
- Go shopping on "Early Bird Thursday" or "Black Friday"! I hate crowds at the best of times and would rather spend time with my family or the comfort of my warm bed instead of , fighting for the last spot in the car park, standing in line in the cold, windy weather and then rush and find that I just missed out on the one thing I waited outside for hours for. 

- Understand why Americans only eat pumpkin products around this time of year. I grew up eating mashed and baked pumpkin all year long and found it weird that pumpkins were only readily available between October and December. 

Source - Yummy Baked Pumpkin
- Not look forward to eating fruitcake. It is not a popular dessert in America and is often the subject of jokes but it really is a good dish if prepared properly. I have been lucky and have been able to find a few different bakers locally that make a really good fruit cake and its only available this time of year. One of them is even soaked in Brandy for a few days which gives it a non traditional taste but still very very good. 

Source

Your turn - what are your Thanksgiving never, evers? Comment below or link up to join in the fun.

Happy Almost Thanksgiving,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...