Saturday, August 25, 2012

Her Stop by and Say "HI!", 8/25/2012

It's Saturday which means it's time for another "Stop by and Say "HI!" moment with Melinda at Does This Scale Make Me Look Fat?. Today's question is about one of my favorite things!

Her question: What is your favorite fair or festival food?

The Virginia State Fair is coming up - it begins at the end of September. I cannot wait!! Sean, my parents, and I went last year and I have so many fond memories. I rode a Ferris Wheel for the first time, I rode the Tilt-a-Whirl (my fave carnival ride), we played some games and I won!, and we ate some amazing food.

The stand where we bought the Fried Oreos
Sean and Daddy had a corn dog which they loved but I am not a big fan of corn dogs. We had lunch at the Virginia Tech barbecue stand which made my brother-in-law, a Clemson alum and major fan, none too happy. :) The barbecue was delish though! 

But I would have to say that the favorite thing we ate all day, and I am looking forward to having again, are Fried Oreos. Yum! Yum! Yum! The Oreos get soft and the outside is crispy...they are warm and chocolately....Yum! Yum! Yum!

Elephant Ear goodness!!
Honorable Mention goes to the Elephant Ears. We got one to share last year and it was tasty! I'm looking forward to that too. 











What are your favorite fair or carnival foods?

TTYL,






Connected Note: This is my favorite picture from the fair last year. Sean took it of my parents competing in one of the games. They look so happy and like they are having so much fun - I just love this photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...