Thursday, December 19, 2013

Her Christmas Questionnaire

I have seen a lot of bloggers participating in a Christmas Questionnaire link-up. I liked the questions and thought it would be fun since Christmas is less than a week away. (Whoa!!! OMG!!! I am not ready!!!)  Sean already posted his answers on Tuesday, so you can check out those here if you haven't already. Now it is my turn!


http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-questionnaire.html
I usually blog in purple, but for the holidays I switched to green. Ho! Ho!! Ho!!!

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog? 
Hot Chocolate! I am a little afraid to try eggnog so I think I will stick with hot chocolate.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree? 
Santa wraps most gifts. A few small items that are going in stockings do not get wrapped.


Colored lights or white? 
I prefer colored lights because I like color. White is clean and pretty, but I prefer color.
The lights are hard to see but the tree, garland, and reindeer all have colored lights.
When do you decorate?
Thanksgiving weekend is decorating weekend in our home. I blogged about it here.


Real or Fake Tree? 
We have a fake tree. It's a fun story - we moved in and started putting a few things in the attic. Sean found a Christmas tree that the previous family had left behind. We did not complain one bit and have been using it for the past three years. The plan was to buy a new one this year, but when our backdoor shattered (thanks to an unknown neighbor, a pellet gun, and a disregard for the property of others) we decided to keep our little tree for another year.
Alex's Christmas portrait with our found tree.
What Tops Your Tree?
This year we did not top it with anything. We have had many toppers over the years but nothing we have liked. The search continues!

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
My heart is full of Christmas memories and traditions that make me smile just to think of them. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were always spent with my grandparents, aunt, parents, and sister. My Grankie (my dad's mom) used to let us open a gift on Christmas Eve and then we would go to church. Christmas morning started early with a pile of presents for each person to open. Lunch was made by my mom who is an amazing cook and we enjoying laughing and talking over the meal.

My favorite Christmas tradition is Christmas Eve spent with family attending church, eating a lasagna and garlic bread dinner, and watching a Christmas movie. 


Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? 
I was always so spoiled on Christmas Day. My family didn't have a present pile - more like a present mountain. I can remember one year my mom sending my sister and I on a scavenger hunt one Christmas to find a present. We ran around the house, reading clues, before we were sent back to the Christmas tree where my mom had stuck tickets on a branch for my sister and my first concert - New Kids on the Block. My sister and I screamed and jumped up and down with excitement!

Do prefer giving or receiving? 
No question I prefer giving. I don't really care what I am getting for Christmas, I care much more about watching my family and friends open the gifts we chose for them.

What is your favorite Christmas song? 
There are so many! If I had to choose my favorite Christmas carol it would be - 

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum? 
They are OK. I am not a huge fan of peppermint or mint flavored things. Sometimes I will eat one, but Sean loves them so I usually give them to him. 


Favorite Christmas Movie? 
The George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol is the absolute best Christmas movie. The entire movie is amazing; the ending never fails to bring tears to my eyes.
I have seen so many others talking about the movies Elf and Love Actually that I feel like I am missing out so Sean and I are going to be watching those this weekend.

Do you shop online or at stores?
For the first few years we were married, we did most of our shopping online. Lately, however, as I drag Sean to more and more craft shows, we have done more shopping at those shows and at stores in the area. Both are good!

Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card?
We usually include store bought cards with gifts for family and friends. As for cards I receive, I am happy with all of the above. Any card means someone is thinking of me and wishing me merry at Christmas-time.

That was fun and I am feeling very Christmas-y now. Want to join in the fun? Comment below or on Facebook answering your favorite question(s).  If you have a blog, head over to Fabulous in First to get your copy of the questions.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good last few days before Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...